MTEL English as a Second Language (ESL) 54
This brand new study guide comes with a comprehensive review of the ESL content area, information about standards unique to Massachusetts, a practice test, an answer key, and a detailed description for each of the correct answers on the practice test. Written by two ESL instructors, the guide also includes a plethora of effective teaching strategies and tips that will be useful in your future ESL classroom.
Specific topics include:
• Stages of first and second language acquisition
• Reading and writing instruction
• Listening and speaking instruction
• Best practices in the ESL classroom
• Massachusetts Curriculum Framework for English Language Arts and Literacy
With a sample test that directs you back to sections that might require a second review and two essay prompts, this guide will give you all the practice necessary to pass the MTEL ESL exam.